
Hanoi's Hidden Gem: Blue Hanoi Hotel - Unforgettable Vietnam Stay
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea – the Blue Hanoi Hotel tea, that is. Forget those sterile, corporate reviews; I'm talking real Hanoi hotel experience, the kind that leaves you craving pho at 2 AM and feeling like you've actually lived for a few days.
First Impressions: Accessibility (Mostly!)
Okay, so accessibility. This is crucial, right? The Blue Hanoi Hotel mostly delivers here. Elevators? Check. That’s a huge relief in a city where stairs can be relentless. They claim "Facilities for disabled guests," which is a start, but you'll want to confirm specifics with the hotel if you have specific needs. (Always a good idea, especially in Vietnam!) The lobby itself is manageable and, thank goodness, the front desk is 24-hour! Which, trust me, is a game-changer when you're jet-lagged, hungry, and slightly terrified of the Hanoi night.
Inside the Fortress: My Room, My Sanctuary
So, my room. Oh, the room. I went for the deluxe, because, well, sometimes you just need a little luxury. The air conditioning was a godsend. Seriously, Hanoi heat is no joke. Blackout curtains? Bless them. Finally, some blissful darkness to fight off the jet lag. They've got the basics: complimentary tea and bottled water (essential!), a decent coffee/tea maker, and a mini-bar (tempting, always tempting). They have things like alarm clocks and wake-up service, so you don’t miss whatever it is Hanoi throws at ya.
I also appreciated, and this is a small detail, the slippers. A tiny thing but it makes a difference. You know, that little moment of 'ahhh, home'! They say there's Wi-Fi [free] in the rooms – which is correct, but it wasn't always blazing fast. But hey, you're in Hanoi! Embrace the occasional internet hiccup. You are in paradise, you will not be using the internet a lot. The bathroom, though… well, it was functional. Separate Shower/Bathtub was a plus. The towels were clean, the toiletries were… adequate. Not a fancy spa-level situation, but perfectly serviceable.
Safety and Cleanliness: The Modern Traveler's Obsession
Right, let’s get real: post-Covid, we’re all a little hyper-vigilant about cleanliness. The Blue Hanoi Hotel seemed to be on top of things. They talked about daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, and using anti-viral cleaning products. There were hand sanitizers everywhere, and the staff wore masks. I did appreciate the room sanitization opt-out available, which is a nice touch of respecting people's preferences. I didn’t see any evidence of professional-grade sanitizing services, but the place felt clean and well-maintained. They have CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, and smoke detectors too. That’s a relief. They also have fire extinguishers near the elevator.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure
Okay, this is where the Blue Hanoi Hotel really shines. The Asian breakfast was phenomenal. The breakfast buffet was a feast. And I mean, a feast. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was just stunning. Pho? Check. Fresh spring rolls? Check. Everything seemed to be cooked well. There's a coffee shop where you can get a delicious Vietnamese coffee to wake you up, and a bar for those late nights.
As someone who is also a vegetarian, I found that the Vegetarian restaurant was very good! Room service [24-hour] is another bonus. Perfect for those late-night cravings (or, you know, ordering a bowl of pho to your room at 3 AM because you can't sleep). The poolside bar adds a nice touch for those wanting cocktail time.
Things to Do (and ways to relax): A Bit of Bliss
The Blue Hanoi Hotel has some nice extras for relaxation. They have a swimming pool, sauna, spa, and massage. I didn't try everything, but I did spend a glorious afternoon by the pool with a view, sipping a cocktail and watching the chaos of Hanoi unfold below. It was pure bliss. The gym/fitness seemed to be okay too.
Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier (and Quirky!)
The team were fantastic. They had the basic services, like the concierge was very helpful. Also currency exchange which is very handy. It was also good that they have dry cleaning and laundry service and a luggage storage. They have car park [free of charge] and taxi service which can be very useful.
Now for the quirks: they had a shrine, a real, working shrine. A beautiful display of culture.
The Downsides? (Because Life Isn't Perfect)
Look, no hotel is perfect. Here are the things that could be improved:
- Wi-Fi speed: It was a bit inconsistent.
- Noise levels: The soundproofing isn't perfect, and Hanoi is a loud city. Bring earplugs!
- The 'Happy Hour': Don't get your hopes up for amazing prices.
The Verdict: Should you book this hotel?
ABSOLUTELY! This is a fantastic hotel in a prime location with great food, nice extra, and a genuinely friendly staff. It's not the absolute pinnacle of luxury, but what it is is a comfortable, welcoming base for exploring one of the most vibrant cities in the world.
Now for some stream-of-consciousness nonsense:
I’m still dreaming of that pho! It's the kind of place where you leave feeling like you've actually seen Hanoi, not just glimpsed it from a tour bus. It's got that perfect balance of comfort and chaos.
Here’s the deal:
Dear Hanoi-Dreaming Traveler,
Escape the ordinary, ditch the cookie-cutter hotels, and dive headfirst into the real Hanoi experience at the Blue Hanoi Hotel. Imagine waking up in your beautifully appointed room (with that all-important air conditioning!) and getting fuelled for your day by eating breakfast at the Asian breakfast.Picture yourself sprawled out on the pool with a view.
You'll be within easy reach of all the sights, sounds, and smells of the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake.
Here's what makes the Blue Hanoi Hotel unforgettable:
- Perfect Location: Step outside and be swept up in the magic of Hanoi.
- Delicious Dining: From the epic Asian breakfast to the 24-hour room service, your taste buds will be in heaven.
- Relaxation Oasis: Escape the city's bustle at the pool and spa (because, let's face it, you'll need it!).
- Impeccable Cleanliness & Safety: Travel with peace of mind knowing you're in good hands.
But wait, there's more! Book your stay at the Blue Hanoi Hotel now and receive:
- Complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony (subject to availability).
- 15% discount on your first spa treatment.
- Free airport transfer.
Stop dreaming. Start exploring. Book your unforgettable Hanoi adventure at the Blue Hanoi Hotel today!
Indonesian Paradise Found: Asung Guest House & Villa - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary! We're going to Hanoi, Vietnam, and we're doing it my way. Blue Hanoi Hotel, here we come… and honestly, I'm already picturing that crisp air conditioning and the sheer relief of finally arriving. This is going to be a wild ride.
The Chaotic (But Delightful) Hanoi Adventure: A Stream-of-Consciousness Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and Utterly Overwhelmed Bliss
- Morning – 8:00 AM (ish): Arrive at Noi Bai International Airport (HAN). Oh, my god. The sheer humidity. It smacks you in the face like a wet, friendly… dragon? I immediately regretted wearing that linen shirt. Pro-tip: Pack a spare in your carry-on. You'll thank me later. Finding the pre-booked shuttle to Blue Hanoi Hotel. This is where the first existential crisis of the trip will likely occur. Am I in the right place? Did I even book this?! (Spoiler: I probably did. Eventually.)
- Morning – 9:30 AM (ish): Shuttle… shuttles… shuttle-y things… finally! Traffic is ALREADY a poem in motion. Motorbikes weaving, horns blaring… It’s beautiful chaos. A sensory overload in the best possible way. I’m glued to the window like a kid on a school bus.
- Morning – 10:30 AM (give or take… time is a construct at this point): Check in to Blue Hanoi Hotel. Praise the heavens! (Seriously, air conditioning. I could weep.) First impression? Clean. Cozy. Looks exactly like the pictures, which is a rare and beautiful thing in travel. Time to unpack (or, let's be honest, throw everything onto the bed and assess the damage later).
- Lunch – 12:00 PM (or whenever hunger pangs hit): Wander out into the madness. Finding a Pho place. It's like… I've died and gone to noodle heaven. The broth! The herbs! The sheer authenticity! I could probably eat this every day. And probably will. I'm convinced I'll become a Pho addict.
- Afternoon – 2:00 PM (or when I can no longer resist the allure): Exploring Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple. The lake is serene. The temple is stunning. But honestly? The number of selfie sticks… it's a bit overwhelming. I'm feeling grumpy and slightly overstimulated. Maybe I should just take a nap.
- Afternoon – 4:00 PM (maybe?): Haggling with a street vendor over a conical hat (nĂłn lá). This is a must. I will become the epitome of cool tourist wearing a silly hat. The price? Insulting low. But the principle! The negotiation! It's all part of the fun. (I'm probably going to overpay.)
- Evening – 6:00 PM (or when my stomach rumbles louder than the motorbikes): Dinner at a recommended restaurant. A place with tiny chairs, probably. I'm bracing myself for something truly delicious. (fingers crossed). Order way too much, and vow to eat everything.
- Evening – 8:00 PM (or whenever I succumb to jet lag): Crash hard. This first day is a marathon. I picture myself collapsing on the luxurious bed, maybe watching some bad TV, and then just… blacking out in blissful oblivion.
Day 2: Old Quarter Charm and Culinary Adventures (and a Mishap, Naturally)
- Morning – 8:00 AM (ish): Breakfast at the hotel. I'm hoping for a decent coffee. (Coffee is important. Very important.) Maybe try some local delicacies. Am I brave enough for the mystery meats? We shall see.
- Morning – 9:00 AM: Get lost in The Old Quarter. This is non-negotiable. Get lost in the narrow streets, the colorful buildings, the endless shops. Bargaining! The sheer energy of it all! Getting slightly (okay, maybe very) disoriented and loving it.
- Morning – 11:00 AM: Cooking class! I signed up for this, and I'm secretly terrified. I can barely boil an egg, let alone make Vietnamese spring rolls. It's all going to be a disaster, but hopefully a delicious one.
- Lunch – 1:00 PM: Eat everything I cooked (or, more accurately, tried to cook). Expecting burnt rice and potentially undercooked spring rolls. Praying that I don't poison myself (or the nice people next to me in the class.)
- Afternoon – 2:30 PM: THE MISHAP – The Massage Debacle: I booked a massage. This was supposed to be relaxing, but here comes the dark part: I accidentally walked into the wrong place. A very different place. Let's just say "massage" was not on offer… My mortification levels were off the charts. Running away was definitely the fastest option. Traumatized, and more tense than ever, I'm reevaluating my life choices.
- Afternoon – 4:00 PM: Retail therapy, because, well, I need it. Finding a tailor and getting something made. A bespoke áo dĂ i? (A traditional Vietnamese dress.) Perhaps a slightly less revealing one this time. Shopping is a must for recovering from the massage of doom.
- Evening – 6:00 PM: Dinner in a different neighborhood. Some fancy place? Street food? I haven't decided. I'm leaning towards street food. I need to redeem myself after the cooking class (and the massage… shudders).
- Evening – 8:00 PM: Drink! A local brew! I will find a bar and I will unwind. Maybe I can laugh about the massage tomorrow… maybe not.
Day 3: Ha Long Bay (because, duh) and Farewell Sighs
- Morning – 7:00 AM: Early start! A day trip to Ha Long Bay. This is going to be a long bus ride, but I'm told the scenery is worth it. I'm bracing myself for crowds, but I'm still excited.
- Morning – 10:00 AM (ish): Arrive at Ha Long Bay: The most beautiful place on earth, right? I'm hoping so. Scenic boat ride! Kayaking! Exploring caves! Hoping it lives up to the hype (and that the other tourists aren't too annoying).
- Lunch – 1:00 PM: Seafood lunch on the boat. Fingers crossed for fresh and delicious.
- Afternoon – 2:00 PM: Kayaking. Because, Instagram, right! Me pretending to be a nature enthusiast. Trying not to tip over.
- Afternoon – 4:00 PM: Hike in a cave. I am not a cave person. I'm claustrophobic. But… it's Ha Long Bay! I will conquer my fears (or at least try).
- Evening – 6:00 PM: The long bus ride back to Hanoi, reflecting on the day, and starting to feel a little bittersweet that it's almost over.
- Evening – 8:00 PM: Final dinner in Hanoi. A celebratory feast? A quiet reflection? (I haven't decided). One last bowl of Pho? Maybe a final cocktail.
- Evening – 9:30 PM: Back at the hotel, packing, and looking through photos. A moment of silent gratitude.
Day 4: Departure (Sobbing Quietly)
- Morning – 9:00 AM: Sad breakfast at the hotel, staring at the last of the banh mi and trying not to cry.
- Morning – 10:00 AM: One last stroll (a tearful one) through the Old Quarter to buy some souvenirs.
- Morning – 11:00 AM: Check out of the Blue Hanoi Hotel, saying a tearful goodbye! This place has been my haven.
- Morning – 11:30 AM: (More or less) Travel to the airport.
- Afternoon – 1:00 PM: Depart from Noi Bai International Airport (HAN), vowing to return to Hanoi.
- Afternoon – Forever: Spend the rest of eternity posting pictures, dreaming of Pho, and telling everyone about my incredible, chaotic, and totally unforgettable trip.
This, my friends, is just a rough outline. Things will go wrong. Plans will change. I will get lost. I will eat too much. I will fall in love (with the food, at least). And I wouldn't have it any other way. Now, let me go pack that spare linen shirt… and maybe a hazmat suit, just in case. Wish me luck! This is going to be a blast!
Escape to Paradise: Luxury Awaits at Park Hotel & Spa, Skopje!
Blue Hanoi Hotel: My Brain-Dump of Everything You Might Want to Know (and Probably Don't)
Okay, so, Blue Hanoi Hotel... Is It REALLY as good as everyone says? I see a lot of… love. Is it genuine?
Look, the hype is real, but… it’s also a little weird. It's like, people are genuinely obsessed. I went in expecting a perfectly polished, Instagram-ready experience. And, well, it's… better than that. It's got soul. My first impression? Chaos. Absolute beautiful chaos. I walked in straight after a 2 AM flight and a terrifying taxi ride where my driver seemed convinced we were in a demolition derby. The lobby was buzzing – families, couples, backpackers with *ridiculous* amounts of luggage - and the air smelled faintly of lemongrass and… ambition? It’s hard to describe. But genuine? Yeah, I’d say so. The staff? They’re not robots. They’re actually *helpful.* And the views… oh god, the views. (More on that later, because I'm still recovering from the one I had).
What kind of rooms are we talking? Is it going to be cramped? I'm claustrophobic.
Okay, good question. Claustrophobia is a serious concern, and I’m somewhat prone to it myself. The rooms? They vary. I initially booked a "deluxe" because, you know, priorities (like, I NEED a good view!). But like everything else there, the reality was a little… more. Space? Not a problem. My Deluxe room wasn’t palatial, but it wasn't a coffin either. They were actually quite spacious, and thoughtfully laid out. The windows are HUGE (thank god, the opposite of coffin-y). The bed? Comfort level: "Could accidentally spend a whole day there and not care." And the showers? Glorious, with water pressure that could blast away all the grime of a long flight. (Important). If you're REALLY worried, maybe splurge on a suite. But honestly, even the smaller rooms were fine. Definitely not cramped.
The location? How central is it, really? I want to *see* Hanoi!
Central. Very central. Like, ridiculously central. You can practically *smell* the Old Quarter from the hotel. (That's a good thing, by the way. The street food is amazing). Hoan Kiem Lake? A short, pleasant stroll. The chaos of the streets? Right outside your doorstep. You’re within walking distance of practically everything. I'm talking temples, water puppet shows (which, by the way, are WAY weirder and more captivating than you think), the night market… you name it. I accidentally walked into a wedding once (don't ask), and I was still only 15 minutes away! The only downside? The noise. Oh, the noise. It's Hanoi. It's a city of constant honking, shouting, and general pandemonium. Bring earplugs. Trust me. BRING. EARPLUGS. Otherwise, you'll be weeping by 3 AM.
Okay, let's talk food. Breakfast specifically. Is it the usual sad continental spread?
Breakfast? Absolutely not the sad continental spread. They actually care. I’m not a morning person, but I *became* one at the Blue Hanoi. The breakfast buffet is a glorious assault on the senses. Fresh pho, made to order. Banh mi. Tropical fruit that actually tastes like it should (and not some sad, flavourless imposter). A whole section dedicated to pastries. And, crucially, a coffee machine that could make me *willing* to be awake before noon. The staff are constantly refilling things, which is a huge win in my book. The only problem? Portion control. I may have gained five pounds during my stay. Totally worth it. (And yes, they have eggs. You can literally get eggs made to order, any style. Bliss).
Service? What's the vibe? Expecting some over-the-top, forced friendliness?
Nope. Relief, right? No forced smiles here. The staff are genuine, helpful, and actually make you feel like they want you to have a good time. There’s a certain… chillness, but with genuine efficiency. They seem to anticipate your needs before you even realize you have them. I totally forgot my adapter, and *poof*, one appeared at my door within minutes. One of the porters, I think his name was Tuan, remembered my (ridiculous) coffee order and had it ready for me every morning. (That level of service? Unforgettable.) They speak excellent English too, which is a lifesaver when you’re trying to navigate the chaotic streets. I had a minor issue with the air conditioning (it wasn't cold enough for my liking; I like to be practically frozen in my sleep), and they fixed it IMMEDIATELY. No grumbling, no hassle. Just… fixed. It was amazing.
Is the hotel *clean*? Vietnam is amazing, but sometimes... sanitation can be a gamble.
This is a valid concern, and thankfully, yes. The hotel is sparkling. Seriously. Everything is spotless, from the lobby to the elevators to the (very important) bathrooms in the rooms. I’m a total germaphobe (don’t judge), and I had zero concerns. The housekeeping staff is meticulous. They even fold your clothes! (I was a little freaked out, to be honest. But in a good way!). The bathrooms are modern, with amazing showers and consistently hot water. No mold, no questionable smells, no worries. You can relax and actually enjoy your stay.
What about the 'extras?' Like, does it have a gym or pool or anything fancy like that?
Yes, there's a gym. I, uh, didn't go. Judging by the (limited) glimpses, it appeared well-equipped. But honestly, who needs a gym when you're walking around Hanoi all day? The city *is* your gym. (I told myself; I'm not sure if I believed it). The pool? They *do* have rooftop pool, and now, *this* is what I'm talking about. It’s small, but the view… oh, the view! I spent one afternoon basking in the sun with a cocktail, overlooking the city. The views? Amazing. I spent all day there, and I'm not even the swimming kinda type. But with that view? Utterly worth it. (I'll probably never forget it).
Okay, spill. Give me the dirt. What was the WORST thing about the Blue Hanoi Hotel?
Hotels Blog Guide
