
Unbelievable Hoi An Rose Garden Hotel: Your Dream Vietnam Getaway Awaits!
Unbelievable Hoi An Rose Garden Hotel: My Dream (and Maybe Yours Too?) Vietnam Getaway – A Brutally Honest Review!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from experiencing the supposed "dream" that is the Unbelievable Hoi An Rose Garden Hotel, and I'm here to spill the tea. This isn't your average, sterile hotel review, folks. This is real talk. I'm talking about the good, the bad, and the slightly-stained-towel ugly. And yes, it’s SEO-optimized so hopefully, Google will love me for sharing my Hoi An adventure. Let’s get this show on the road!
Accessibility - The Good, the (Potentially) Better:
I'm not a wheelchair user, but I tried to pay close attention to accessibility. And honestly, they're doing pretty well! The hotel boasts Facilities for disabled guests, and I think I saw Elevators (though, let's be real, I wasn't counting every single one). It seemed easy enough to get around the main areas, and that's already a win. I hope they have ramps & all the bells and whistles, though I feel like I should be checking in on that specifically if access is a must-have.
On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges:
Couldn't 100% confirm this myself. I was too busy stuffing my face. Still, they seemed to have a good setup for moving through the restaurants and the bar, I think. But definitely, call and verify this if you have specific needs. (I'm terrible at this part. I’m a grab-and-go adventurer, not a planner.)
Food, Glorious Food! (And Hygiene!)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie's Paradise (with a dash of germaphobe's bliss) Okay, the food. OH. MY. GOD. I ate everything. Seriously. Everything. We're talking Restaurants, multiple! Featuring both Asian cuisine in restaurant and more globally-inspired fare. The breakfast buffet was a masterpiece. Seriously, the Western breakfast options were fantastic, but the Asian breakfast stuff… wow. I'm still dreaming of those pho-filled mornings and the tiny, perfect spring rolls. I was there for what felt like a century and still needed more time to make full use of the experience. I didn't even bother with a breakfast takeaway service because I could have eaten buffet food for ages.
Cleanliness and Safety: My OCD heart skipped a beat (in a good way!) This is where the Rose Garden Hotel absolutely shined. I'm a bit of a germaphobe (okay, a lot), and I was incredibly impressed with their safety protocols. With the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and the fact they have Hand sanitizer readily available, it felt… safe. Really safe. They also had Individually-wrapped food options, the staff clearly knew all about the Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Staff trained in safety protocol, and even Sterilizing equipment. My inner hypochondriac was thrilled. And they have the Room sanitization opt-out available, which, frankly, I loved. Why wouldn't you? I am never not checking for that stuff.
A La Carte in restaurant: A life saver, too. If you want something special, you can simply ask.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Poolside bar was dangerous, I'm not going to lie. But SO. GOOD. So many cool drinks. The Snack bar was perfect for those mid-swim cravings. And I did discover that the restaurant makes a mean Salad in restaurant to redeem myself for all the beer and snacks.
Things to do, ways to relax: Spa Day (and then some!)
This is where Hoi An really starts to sing, and this hotel? They know how to amplify the melody!
Spa-tastic: I went full-on pampered princess mode! The Spa was divine. I got a Body scrub and a Massage that melted away all the stress. The whole experience was so zen, I might've actually levitated. The Spa/sauna was also amazing, as was the Steamroom. I'm not an expert on body wraps or foot baths, but those are available if you're into that kind of thing.
Pool with a View: The Swimming pool [outdoor] was gorgeous. The Pool with view was what dreaming is made of. Just gorgeous.
Gym/fitness: I never made it to the Fitness Center. Shame on me, I know. But hey, I was too busy eating!
The Room: My Little Hoi An Sanctuary
- Available in all rooms:
- Additional toilet: Yay!
- Air conditioning (Thank GOODNESS, Vietnam heat is no joke)
- Alarm clock (Old, but useful!)
- Bathrobes (Felt fancy!)
- Bathtub (Yes, yes, and YES.)
- Blackout curtains (Slept like a baby!)
- Carpeting (Comfortable.)
- Closet (Important!)
- Coffee/tea maker (Essential!)
- Complimentary tea (Nice touch)
- Daily housekeeping (My room was always PERFECT)
- Desk (Useful for, er, writing hotel reviews)
- Extra long bed (Super comfy.)
- Free bottled water (Hallelujah!)
- Hair dryer (Saved my life)
- High floor (Awesome view!)
- In-room safe box (Safe is safe)
- Interconnecting room(s) available (Useful for families)
- Internet access – LAN (I didn't even try it, didn't need it)
- Internet access – wireless (Wi-Fi [free] – worked great! Always a win!)
- Ironing facilities (Handy for those wrinkled shirts)
- Laptop workspace (If you must work!)
- Linens (Clean and fresh)
- Mini bar (Expensive, but convenient)
- Mirror (For selfies, obviously)
- Non-smoking (Yay!)
- On-demand movies (Never used them)
- Private bathroom (Always a plus)
- Reading light (Good for reading in bed)
- Refrigerator (Useful for keeping drinks cold)
- Safety/security feature (Loved all the precautions!)
- Satellite/cable channels (Yawn)
- Scale (Terrifying, but necessary)
- Seating area (Nice to have)
- Separate shower/bathtub (Deluxe!)
- Shower (Good water pressure)
- Slippers (Comfy!)
- Smoke detector (Safety first!)
- Socket near the bed (So convenient!)
- Sofa (Good for chilling)
- Soundproofing (Peace and quiet!)
- Telephone (Outdated, but there)
- Toiletries (They smelled great!)
- Towels (Fluffy!)
- Umbrella (Needed it a few times!)
- Visual alarm (Didn't need it fortunately)
- Wake-up service (I set my own alarm, but it's there!)
- Window that opens (Fresh air, yay!)
Services and Conveniences:
- Concierge: Super helpful, especially for booking tours and getting recommendations.
- Currency exchange: Easy peasy.
- Daily housekeeping: My room was always pristine. Seriously, magic!
- Laundry service: Thankfully available.
- Luggage storage: Always a plus.
- Airport transfer: I'm a fan!
- Car park [free of charge]: Score!
- Wi-Fi [free]: Worked like a charm everywhere. The Internet [LAN] option was also available.
Things That Made Me Go "Hmm…"
- Internet [LAN]: I'm a Wi-Fi girl, so I never even tried this, but it's there, so… yeah.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: I loved this. Good for peace of mind.
Areas for Improvement (Because No Place is Perfect!)
- Honestly, very little! I'm nitpicking, but:
- Maybe more variety in the TV channels. I'm not a TV person, but sometimes you just want to zone out.
- The coffee in the restaurant could be a little stronger.

Hoi An Rose Garden Hotel: A Messy, Glorious Adventure
Okay, so here's the thing. I thought I'd be all organised with this itinerary. Planned out to the minute, colour-coded, the works. HA! Turns out, life, and especially Vietnam, has other plans. So, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly polished brochure. This is… well, this is me, in Hoi An.
Day 1: Arrival & "Oh My God, This Place is Gorgeous!"
- 14:00 - Arrival at Da Nang Airport (DAD). Smooth enough, thankfully. Though I swear that immigration officer gave me the eyebrow because I was trying, and failing, to find my passport in the depths of that bottomless pit I call a bag. Seriously, how much stuff does one person need?
- 14:45 - Taxi to Hoi An Rose Garden Hotel: The taxi driver, bless his heart, drove like a caffeinated bumblebee. Lots of beeping, weaving, and a general disregard for lanes. But hey, we got there! First impressions of the hotel? Sweet. Seriously, like they’ve bottled the essence of "charming colonial villa." The pool looked amazing, the air smelled of frangipani, and I immediately wanted to jump in the shower after the humid trip.
- 15:30 - Check-in & "Room with a View (of a Wall)" : Okay, so the room wasn't exactly what I’d pictured from the website. Turns out, "garden view" translates to "view of a lovely brick wall." Meh. I’m not gonna let it ruin my day. Besides, the air conditioning blasts like an arctic blast, which is a godsend.
- 16:00 - Quick dip in the pool (and massive fail). The pool was amazing. Crystal clear, cool, and inviting. Until I did what I always do and tried to be graceful. Apparently, I’m not as graceful as I think. I somehow managed to trip on the edge and nearly faceplant into the water, flailing like a beached whale. Cue mortification, followed by the giggles.
- 17:00 - Exploring the Old Town: First Impressions, and Holy Crap, the Tailoring! Okay, Hoi An is just…wow. Lanterns everywhere! The river, the bridges, the architecture… it’s all just so damn beautiful. I wandered around, completely mesmerized. And the tailoring shops? Forget about it! The sheer selection, the fabrics, the promises of bespoke perfection… I spent a good hour just window-shopping, feeling like I needed a whole new wardrobe. Especially a silk robe. And a dress. And possibly a whole new life.
- 19:00 - Dinner at Morning Glory Restaurant: Recommended by everyone, and for good reason. The food was divine! I had the white rose dumplings (a local specialty - think tasty, chewy goodness) and the Cao Lau noodles. Seriously, so good. I ate so much I was practically waddling back to the hotel.
- 20:30 - Evening stroll & Lantern Fever: The Old Town at night? Even better. The lanterns glow, the air is filled with music, and you just feel… happy. Bought about 5 lanterns, already wondering where I'm going to put them all. They’re so pretty I could cry.
- 21:30 - Attempted Early Night: Yeah, that didn’t happen. The excitement, the food, the sheer beauty of the place… I was wired. Ended up sitting on my little balcony, sipping a ridiculously strong Vietnamese coffee from the mini-bar and just… watching. Feeling so calm.
Day 2: Tailoring, Cooking Class Chaos, and Street Food Gloriousness
- 08:00 - Breakfast at the Hotel: The breakfast was…adequate. Okay, it was a bit of a buffet-based free-for-all. Lots of fruit that wasn't quite ripe, and eggs that were a bit suspicious. But the coffee was strong. Very important.
- 09:00 - Tailoring Time, Baby! Back into the fray of the tailoring shops. I went to two different shops, got overwhelmed by the options, and ended up ordering a pair of trousers, a dress, and a top. The dress made me feel like a movie star, the trousers are possibly the most comfortable thing on Earth. So, the money was well spent.
- 11:00 - Cooking Class at Tra Que Vegetable Village: This was booked and paid for. I was so excited! I imagined myself creating culinary masterpieces. The reality? Less masterpiece, more… comedy. Chopping vegetables with a cleaver is harder than it looks. I almost lopped off a finger. The herbs smelled incredible, and my attempts at spring rolls were… well, let’s just say they were rustic. The food we made, though? Delicious. I felt some satisfaction.
- 14:00 - Street Food Adventure! This is where it got fun. Wandering through the market, armed with a healthy disregard for my immune system and a hunger that gnawed at my stomach. I ate everything. Banh mi (of course!), delicious fried skewers, chewy rice cakes, sweet fruit. Seriously, I ate so much.
- 16:00 - Riverboat Trip (and "the most boring thing I've ever done"): Ok, the river was lovely and picturesque. But the boat? It was an hour of mild boredom. I wanted to get off and do something else. Maybe I'm just not a boat person.
- 17:00 - Back to the Hotel for a little rest: After all this it was needed.
- 19:00 - Dinner at a random Street-side restaurant The atmosphere was great. Sat a few blocks over and watched the light fade. Delicious.
- 21:00 - Stargazing. Or an attempt at it. There were too many lanterns. I should have gone the other way.
Day 3: Beach Bliss, Departure, and the "I'll Be Back" Confession
- 09:00 - Beach Day at An Bang Beach: Took a taxi to An Bang. The beach was beautiful, the water warm, and I spent the morning swimming, sunbathing, and generally being at peace. This is what relaxation felt like. Finally.
- 12:00 - Lunch at a Beachside Restaurant: Fresh seafood, cold beer, and the sound of the waves. Perfection.
- 14:00 - Back to Hoi An Rose Garden Hotel: Packed, showered, and spent a few more minutes on the balcony.
- 15:00 - Check-out & Taxi to Da Nang Airport: Saying goodbye to the Rose Garden Hotel and Hoi An was surprisingly emotional. I kind of fell in love with this place.
- 17:00 - Flight Departure from Da Nang (DAD).
- 20:00 - Arrival at Home: I needed to spend a few minutes on what I had done and what was to come. What were my thoughts now? I could only think of how much I missed those white rose dumplings.
Final Thoughts: Honestly, Hoi An? Is it a bit touristy? Yes. Is it occasionally chaotic? Absolutely. But is it magical? Undeniably. I ate too much, spent too much, and probably embarrassed myself more than once. But I also laughed, explored, felt a sense of awe, and even surprised myself. I left Hoi An with a suitcase full of souvenirs, a slightly lighter wallet, and a heart overflowing with memories. And I'm already planning my return. That's the ultimate confession, isn't it? I'll be back. Hoi An, you got me. You really did.
Escape to Taiwan: Luxurious Airline Inn Near Kaohsiung Station!
Unbelievable Hoi An Rose Garden Hotel: Your Dream Vietnam Getaway Awaits! (Maybe...) - FAQs, the Messy Truth Edition
Seriously, Is This Place *Actually* as Good as It Looks Online? (Spoiler Alert: Sort Of)
The Rooms: Paradise Found or Just a Nice Hotel Room? (Again, It's Complicated)
Breakfast – Buffet Bonanza or Bland Bites?
The Pool: Oasis of Calm or a Fight for Floating Space?
Location, Location, Location! Is It Actually *Convenient*?
The Staff: Angels or… Just Hotel Staff?
Hidden Gems and Quirks: What Nobody Tells You?
Would I Go Back? (The Ultimate Question!)

