
Manchester's BEST Downtown Hotel? (Residence Inn Review!)
Manchester's Best Downtown Hotel? Hold Onto Your Hats, Folks, We're Diving Into the Residence Inn! (And It's a Wild Ride!)
Okay, so you're planning a trip to Manchester, huh? Smart move. Beautiful city. And you need a hotel? Well, I’ve got the lowdown, the dirt, the real deal on the Residence Inn Downtown. Forget those glossy travel brochure lies; I'm here to tell you the truth – the good, the bad, and the slightly-burnt-toast ugly. Buckle up. This might get messy.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)
First of all, let's talk about getting in. The Residence Inn? Generally A-OK. Wheelchair accessible? Yep, ramps, elevators. Standard stuff. Easy access to the lobby, the breakfast bar, and the fitness center. Now, about the rooms…I didn't personally experience it, but I'm trusting the reviews that say they're well thought out and easy to navigate. Elevator access is fantastic, so you don't have to sweat it if your room is on another level. If you need a detailed review, let me know and I'll dive deeper.
Internet: Praise the Wi-Fi Gods!
Okay, this is crucial. We're living in the digital age. The Residence Inn delivers. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! Glorious free Wi-Fi. Stable, fast, enough to binge-watch several seasons of whatever while simultaneously answering emails and annoying your coworkers with endless Zoom calls. They also offer Internet access – LAN if you’re old-school or just need a super secure connection. Internet services are available, as you'd expect, and Wi-Fi in public areas is solid, too. I got some work done in the lobby, and it didn't feel like I was wrestling a sloth to get online. Thank you, Residence Inn, you're doing the Lord's work here.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Protected
Alright, let's be real. The world is a germ-fest right now. The Residence Inn takes things seriously. They boast Anti-viral cleaning products, which is reassuring. There's Daily disinfection in common areas, the rooms are Rooms sanitized between stays, and they have Staff trained in safety protocol. They also promote more safety measures like Hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere. Seeing these things made me breathe a little easier, less stress. Plus, the option to Room sanitization opt-out available is a nice touch for those eco-conscious folks.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Breakfast, Lunch, and… Well, Not a Ton of Options.
This is where things get…interesting. Let's be honest, the breakfast [buffet] is decent. I'm not expecting Michelin-star cuisine, and you shouldn't either. There's the usual suspects: cereal, yogurt, fruit (sometimes not bruised!), eggs, the ever-present sausage patties, and those gloriously fluffy waffles you can slather in syrup. Breakfast is the most convenient - as it includes Breakfast takeaway service which is great when you are in a hurry.
But beyond breakfast? It's limited. There might be Coffee/tea in restaurant and a Coffee shop. Forget haute cuisine. There's no real Asian cuisine in restaurant to be found, nor do they have International cuisine in restaurant. I do wish there was a proper Bar because sometimes you just need a cocktail after a long day. But this is a Residence Inn, not a resort. There is a Snack bar, which does the trick if you are looking for simple munchies. Room service [24-hour] is your lifeline if you're feeling peckish late at night.
Services and Conveniences: The Good Stuff!
They've got most of the staples covered. A Concierge who can actually help you (always a win!) Daily housekeeping (thank goodness!), Laundry service, and Dry cleaning. Plus, a Convenience store for grabbing late-night snacks or forgotten essentials. And a Gift/souvenir shop is there if you are feeling generous.
For the Kids: Family Friendly Enough
I didn’t bring any kids, but the hotel seemed pretty Family/child friendly. They have Babysitting service, which could come in handy.
Things To Do, Ways to Relax… Let's Be Realistic.
This isn't exactly a spa resort, but the Residence Inn does what it can Fitness center. It had the basics: treadmills, a few weights, and enough space to avoid feeling like you're working out inside a sardine can. There’s a Sauna, which I might've used, as I did not see one. I've heard good things, and the lack of one doesn't diminish the overall stay, in my opinion.
The Rooms: My Sanctuary?
Available in all rooms? Well, yes, there's Air conditioning, which is a must. Blackout curtains (thank the sleep gods!). A Coffee/tea maker, a Refrigerator, and a Microwave. My room had a ridiculously comfortable Sofa, perfect for lounging with my laptop and binge-watching. You also get Free bottled water, which is a nice touch. Now, the Interconnecting room(s) available could be handy if you're with a family, but I didn't book one. The desk was perfectly adequate for doing some work but I mainly worked from the sofa.
My Quirky Observation and Emotional Reaction:
Okay, I'm gonna be brutally honest. One of the things that stuck with me was the smell of the lobby. It wasn't bad, mind you. It was just… incredibly neutral. Like the air conditioner had sucked out all of the personality. I kid, I kid. But the overall vibe? Clean, efficient, and a little bit vanilla. But hey, vanilla is reliable. And sometimes, that's exactly what you crave in a hotel.
Getting Around:
Easy. You could get a Taxi service and a Airport transfer if you need it. And there is a Car park (on-site).
The Verdict: Would I Go Back?
Absolutely. If I'm in Manchester and need a dependable, clean, well-located hotel with decent Wi-Fi and a solid breakfast, the Residence Inn downtown is a winner. It’s not glamorous, it's not flashy, but it's reliable. And sometimes, that’s the most valuable thing of all.
The "Book Now!" Offer (Because You Deserve a Break!)
Tired of Hotel Headaches? Craving Comfort and Convenience? Then Look No Further!
Hey there, fellow traveler! If you're planning a trip to Manchester and want a hotel that's reliable, comfortable, and actually makes your life easier, you've found it. The Residence Inn Downtown isn't just another hotel. It's your home away from home (with a much better breakfast!).
Here's what you get when you book with us:
- Lightning-Fast, Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected with ease. Work, stream, or just browse without the buffering blues.
- Comfy Rooms That Actually Feel Like Home: Spacious suites, blackout curtains, and all the amenities you need to relax and recharge.
- A Breakfast That Actually Keeps You Going: Kickstart your day with the breakfast buffet. Fueling your adventures!
- Prime Downtown Location: Step outside and you're in the heart of the action. Explore Manchester's must-see attractions, restaurants, and nightlife with ease.
- Peace of Mind: We're committed to your safety and well-being with top-notch cleanliness and safety protocols.
But wait, there's more!
For a limited time only, book your stay at the Residence Inn Downtown and receive:
- A Complimentary Upgrade (based on availability): Get a room with a fantastic view!
- A Bottle of Wine on Arrival: Unwind and celebrate the start of your trip.
Don't delay! This offer won't last forever. Book your stay at the Residence Inn Downtown today and experience the best Manchester has to offer. Click Here to Book Your Manchester Adventure!
P.S. We can't promise sunshine, but we can promise a comfortable stay. See Ya Soon!
Escape to Versailles: Uncover the Secrets of Hotel des Roys
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Manchester, New Hampshire, and we're doing it real. This is more of a "how I almost lost it and the hotel key five times" kind of dispatch than a perfectly-scheduled tour.
The Residence Inn by Marriott Manchester Downtown: My Temporary Sanity Anchor (Maybe)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Luggage Labyrinth
1:00 PM: Officially ARRIVING at the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (that name is a mouthful, by the way). After, an unexpectedly long line to grab a rental car. I swear, I spent more time waiting than actual driving. I managed to snag a surprisingly decent rental and made my way to the Residence Inn.
1:45 PM: Check-in. Sweet relief! The front desk person was super friendly, maybe a little too friendly? I swear, I thought they were going to start singing a cheerful song. Got the keys, headed to my room.
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Luggage Labyrinth. Now, it's probably me, but the hallway to my room felt like a maze. I swear, I passed the same fire exit sign three times. Finally, I found my room. Success! Unpacked, kind of. Okay, let's be honest, I just threw things everywhere. This is a process, not a competition.
3:00 - 4:00 PM: EXPLORING THE AREA. Had to re-jig my sense of direction. So, after dropping my bags, decided to explore the city a bit. My first stop was the Currier Museum of Art. This museum is beautiful. Seeing the historical architecture in the surrounding buildings was great, that's when I realized how wonderful a mix of the ancient and modern is. Oh, and the art? Amazing! Really got me thinking.
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The Coffee Crisis. I needed coffee. Like, really needed it. Found a local coffee shop (I forget the name, it involved a bear, I think?). The coffee was divine, and I almost didn't spill it on my already-questionable travel shirt.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: The Bar & Bites Debacle. I needed to unwind after my hectic day, so I headed back to the hotel. They had a bar! Fantastic. I wanted food too, so I ordered a burger and a beer. (classic.) The burger? Slightly overcooked, but the beer was cold, and I'm not complaining. Met a guy at the bar who swore he saw a UFO over Manchester last year. Said it was shaped like a… well, you know. I probably shouldn't have had that second beer.
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Room Relaxation & Key Catastrophe #1. Back in my room. Collapsed onto the surprisingly comfortable bed. Read a book (for, like, five minutes). Then, went to grab something to eat, leaving my room. Of course, I immediately locked myself out. Thank god for the front desk! They were probably getting sick of seeing me.
Day 2: Art, And… a Little Bit More Art
9:00 AM: Free Breakfast Fiasco. The complimentary breakfast at the Residence Inn. Let's just say it's a mixed bag. The waffles were fine. The coffee was… also fine. The people around me? All seemed to be enjoying it more than me. I'm clearly doing something wrong.
10:00 AM - 12:00 AM: Currier Museum of Art, Round Two. I loved the museum so much the day before, that I decided to go back for round two. This time I got to focus on all the details. The small details are the ones that matter the most.
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch in a Rush. Grabbed a quick lunch at a deli nearby. Standard stuff. Was so caught up in my own thoughts of a new art discovery, I nearly walked into a lamppost.
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: A Trip to the Piscataquog River. Needed a change of pace. So I took a long walk by the river. The air was fresh, the sun was shining, and I, for a fleeting moment, felt at peace. I got to see the architecture on the way. A great photo opportunity.
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Shopping Spree-ish. Found a quirky little vintage store. Bought a ridiculous hat I'll probably never wear, and felt great about it. Retail therapy is my drug. At least I thought it was a good idea at the time…
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: The Hotel Pool. I was tired, I wanted to relax, so I took a dip in the hotel pool. It was empty, which makes the day great. The pool was also not bad, but nothing crazy.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner at a Local Restaurant. After lounging in the pool, I decided to head out for dinner. I ended up going to a local restaurant. Great food, though I was too tired to really remember the food.
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Netflix & Key Catastrophe #2 The Netflix in the room was great, and I did a lot of binge watching. Then, needed to get some water. You guessed it. Locked myself out of the room. It's become a running joke with the staff.
Day 3: Departure & Dreams of Sanity
9:00 AM: Breakfast. Waffles again. Still okay. I'm getting used to it. Or maybe I'm just too tired to care.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Checking Out & The Key Quest Finale. Check out time. Thank goodness! Collected my things. Returned my room key. (Did not lose it this time. Victory!) Gave the front desk person a sheepish grin. They smiled back, probably thinking, "Here comes the key-losing weirdo."
11:00 AM - 12:00 AM: Airport Bound & Reflective Rambling. Drove to the airport. Reflected on my short trip. Manchester. It's got character. Sure, there were moments of utter chaos, but that's life, right? And hey, the Residence Inn? Comfy bed, decent breakfast, and a staff that's probably going to write a book about my key-losing adventures.
This isn't a perfect trip. It's messy. It's imperfect. It's real. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. Now, about that hat…
Escape to Paradise: Ks Fun Garden Inn, Nakijin, Japan - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Is this Residence Inn REALLY the "best" downtown Manchester hotel, as some people are saying? I need to know!
The rooms - are they actually spacious, like they say? I'm a claustrophobe...
What about the breakfast? Is it the usual sad hotel buffet fare?
Is the staff friendly? Because that can make or break a stay for me.
Okay, you've been there a *week*. Spill the tea. Any major annoyances?
- The elevator: Slow. Inefficient. Often occupied by a gaggle of aforementioned pre-teens. Prepare for a wait. I'm talking New York City-style waiting.
- The noise: While the rooms themselves are pretty quiet, you WILL hear the hallway noise. Doors slamming, kids screaming, the incessant beeping of the ice machine. If you are a light-sleeper, you NEED earplugs. I'm saying *need*.
- The gym: I am not a gym person. But, since I felt I needed to work off the waffles, I tried. Small. Pretty standard hotel gym. But with the lack of other amenities, a little underwhelming.
- Parking: It's downtown. Parking is a pain. The hotel has parking, but factor in the cost. And the potential for having to circle around for a spot.
Let's talk location. How easy is it to get around? What's nearby?
Okay, you're making me want to book… but is there anything *really* bad? Something I should know before I hand over my credit card?

