
Maya Hotel 2 Vietnam: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits You!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the supposed lap of luxury that is Maya Hotel 2 Vietnam. "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits You!" they holler. Let's see about that, shall we? This review is going to be as real as my last questionable online purchase (probably a light-up cat collar, no judgments).
First Impressions: Check-in &… Whew!
Okay, the airport transfer was smooth. Honestly, a huge win after that cramped 14-hour flight. They whisked me away, no problem. The Check-in/out [express] option promised efficiency – and they mostly delivered. A quick scan of my passport, a smile (genuine, I think!), and I was in the lobby. The lobby itself? Pretty impressive. Gleaming marble, the whole shebang. Felt a little intimidated at first, like I should be wearing a suit even though my travel attire mainly consists of yoga pants.
Now, the important stuff: Accessibility. This is a biggie for me. I saw Elevator. I saw Facilities for disabled guests. But, and there's always a but, it's not ALWAYS perfect, is it? I’m a notoriously clumsy human, so some of those "accessible" features still felt a tad… tricky. More on that (and my inevitable face-plant) later.
Rooms: Paradise or a Pretty Prison?
Alright, the room. The heart of any hotel stay. This is where the "luxury" claim really has to shine. Let the record state I was in a non-smoking room (bless). And, yes, the air conditioning was glorious after the Saigon humidity. Major props there.
- Available in all rooms. This is what I found in my room:
- Additional toilet - Check. Bonus points.
- Air conditioning - Thank god for that
- Alarm clock - Old school, but functional
- Bathrobes - You know I used it.
- Bathroom phone - Seriously? Who uses that?
- Bathtub - Yes! Spa time incoming!
- Blackout curtains - Perfect for sleeping in
- Carpeting - Soft underfoot
- Closet - Plenty of space for my ridiculous travel wardrobe
- Coffee/tea maker - Crucial for survival
- Complimentary tea - Yay!
- Daily housekeeping - Much needed
- Desk - Work-ish
- Extra long bed - Ah yes, finally
- Free bottled water - Hydration is key!
- Hair dryer - Saved my life after the pool.
- High floor - Great views!
- In-room safe box - Did I even use it?
- Interconnecting room(s) available - Not for me, but good for groups
- Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless - More in the internet section
- Ironing facilities - Meh, it was fine
- Laptop workspace - Just a desk
- Linens - Clean and crisp
- Mini bar - Danger zone.
- Mirror - Lots and lots of mirrors
- Non-smoking - YES!
- On-demand movies - Never got around to it
- Private bathroom - Always a plus
- Reading light - Useful for reading
- Refrigerator - Kept my water cold
- Safety/security feature - I'm talking smoke detector, etc.
- Satellite/cable channels - So many choices!
- Scale - Sigh…
- Seating area - Nice for lounging
- Separate shower/bathtub - Luxurious!
- Shower - Yes, shower
- Slippers - Comfy!
- Smoke detector - Safety first
- Socket near the bed - Essential for charging my phone
- Sofa - Okay, maybe a little too plush
- Soundproofing - Needed it, especially when the karaoke kicked off next door.
- Telephone - Who still uses these?
- Toiletries - The little bottles of shampoo! Always a weakness.
- Towels - Fluffy!
- Umbrella - Thank god!
- Visual alarm - Not sure I needed it
The room was beautifully decorated, I’ll give them that. Room decorations were on point. But, and it's a big but, it sometimes felt a little stuffy. Like, maybe I'm not posh enough for this level of luxury. But hey, at least the Wi-Fi [free] worked! Solid connection, happy camper.
Okay, the Internet [LAN] part. Honestly, I didn't use it. Internet access in general seemed fine across the board. Quick, reliable. Internet services were on par. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! - Yep, and it was actually good. Very important. Wi-Fi in public areas also seemed to be working.
Food, Glorious Food (and Maybe a Few Hiccups)
Where do begin? The. Food. Restaurants within Maya Hotel 2 Vietnam:
- A la carte in restaurant - So many options, so little time
- Alternative meal arrangement - Good for dietary requirements
- Asian breakfast - Yummy!
- Asian cuisine in restaurant - Great!
- Bar - I spent a lot of time there
- Bottle of water - Needed to stay hydrated
- Breakfast [buffet] - THE BUFFET. Oh my god.
- Breakfast service - Excellent
- Buffet in restaurant - The buffet was EVERYTHING!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant - A must-have!
- Coffee shop - Convenient for a quick caffeine fix
- Desserts in restaurant - Amazing!
- Happy hour - Woohoo!
- International cuisine in restaurant - Something for everyone
- Poolside bar - Where I became best friends with a mango smoothie
- Restaurants - Several options
- Room service [24-hour] - Always a win late at night.
- Salad in restaurant - Healthy-ish option!
- Snack bar - For those mid-afternoon cravings.
- Soup in restaurant - Comfort food!
- Vegetarian restaurant - Great for all diets
- Western breakfast - Loved every bite
- Western cuisine in restaurant - Plenty of options.
The Breakfast [buffet] was legendary. Seriously, I may or may not have gained five pounds from it alone. The pastries! The fresh fruit! The endless coffee! Chef's kiss. I'm already dreaming of going back just for the buffet. The Asian breakfast was amazing, with so many dishes I wanted to try.
I did order room service one night (because, let's be honest, who doesn't on vacation?). The food arrived quickly, and it was delicious. The Room service [24-hour] is also a major plus.
The Dining, drinking, and snacking was great. Oh the Poolside bar? Let's just say it was a dangerous location for my bank account. Mango smoothies, anyone?
However, the safe dining setup was evident, with everything feeling clean and handled with care. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items were clearly a priority.Individually-wrapped food options. Daily disinfection in common areas was also observed. Hand sanitizer was available. The staff are also **Staff trained in safety protocol, **and the restaurant Safe Dining setup.
Relaxation Station: Spa Day (or Attempted Spa Day)
This is where my "unbelievable luxury" fantasy got slightly derailed.
- Body scrub - Yes, did it!
- Body wrap - Did it!
- Fitness center - Did not go
- Foot bath - Enjoyable!
- Gym/fitness - Did not attempt
- Massage - Amazing!
- Pool with view - Yes, yes, and yes!
- Sauna - No time!
- Spa - Yes!
- Spa/sauna - Combined!
- Steamroom - Could not find the time!
- Swimming pool - Yes!
- Swimming pool [outdoor] - Definitely!
The Spa. I booked a massage, full of high hopes. The spa itself was beautiful, serene, calming music, the whole nine yards. BUT, the massage? Let's just say it was…enthusiastic. I'
Escape to Paradise: Anantaya Home Denpasar's Unforgettable Bali Getaway
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your sterile, bullet-pointed itinerary. This is a messy, beautiful, and hopefully hilarious attempt to experience the Maya Hotel 2 in Vietnam. Fingers crossed I don't get lost, mugged, or devoured by a particularly ambitious gecko.
The Maya Hotel 2: My Vietnam Adventure (Or, The Time I Tried To Be a Globetrotter and Nearly Failed Spectacularly)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Pho Fiasco (or, How I Accidentally Fell in Love with Noodles and Regretted My Suitcase Size)
- 6:00 AM (ish) - Touchdown in Hanoi! Yikes. Let's be real, "ish" because my internal clock is still clinging to the previous time zone. The airport? Chaotic, beautiful chaos. Smells of exhaust fumes and, blessedly, something that's undeniably pho already wafting through the air. My first impression? This place is LOUD. Constant motorbike horns! I'm gonna need earplugs. And maybe a helmet, just in case.
- 7:30 AM - The Taxi Tango. Negotiating a taxi in a foreign land is an Olympic sport. I swear, the guy kept increasing the price every time I blinked. Finally, we settled on a fare. My first cultural immersion: haggling. Success? I think so? Probably not.
- 8:30 AM - Maya Hotel 2 Check-in. The hotel looks EXACTLY like the photos, which is already a major victory. The lobby is charming, the staff is friendly, and the air conditioning is a godsend. Aaaaahhhhh. My room? Small, but clean. And the view… uh… well, it's of another building. Details, details.
- 9:00 AM - The Great Pho Hunt! Okay, so I'd seen pictures, I'd read reviews, I was READY for pho. My stomach was rumbling like a hungry lion. Google Maps said there was a legendary pho place a few blocks away. "Easy," I thought. "I'll be slurping delicious broth in no time." Famous last words. I wandered. I sweated. I got nearly run over by a motorbike (see: helmet comment earlier). I got lost. Finally, I found the place. It was closed. Curses!
- 10:00 AM - Pho Attempt #2. Found a bustling little shop down a side street. This, this, had to be it. The pho was…okay. Not life-altering but comforting. And cheap. I ate it all and, yes, I did spill some on my already sweat-stained shirt (thankfully, black).
- Afternoon - Rest and Reconnaissance. Nap. Lots of water. Stare at the street from the window. Contemplate laundry. Attempt to learn a few basic Vietnamese phrases ("Hello," "Thank you," "Where is the bathroom?"…critical). Then, braved the streets again for a walk around Old Quarter. Holy moly, talk about sensory overload! The sights, the smells (some good, some… less so). The tiny, impossibly narrow streets were bursting with life! This is it. Finally, I'm feeling the buzz.
- Evening - Dinner & Regrets. Found a restaurant recommended in the guidebook. Food was decent, but now I'm starting to feel a bit homesick. I call my mum. She tells me to eat more pho. Great advice.
- Observations: I severely underestimated the power of heat and humidity. My hair is a frizzy mess. Maybe I should've brought a hat. My suitcase is already a disaster zone, and I’m pretty sure I packed too many shoes. This is going to be a great trip!
Day 2: Halong Bay and the Sea Sickness of Doom (or, The Day I Briefly Became a Mermaid…In Reverse)
- Early, early morning. I'm on a bloody bus to Halong Bay. 3.5 hours? They told me this was the most "scenic route," not including the road construction. Still, a few sights during the road trip were worth it.
- Mid-morning: Arrived at Halong Bay. Holy crap! The limestone karsts rising from the jade-green water were, as advertised, breathtaking. Pure raw beauty. The boat, though… a little less breathtaking.
- Morning Cruise. Now, the food on the boat—forget about it. I think they serve a sea-based buffet. I ate as much as I could before the rocking set in. The views were amazing, and I felt so lucky to be experiencing this, except my stomach was churning with the waves.
- Midday Cruise & The Battle Within. Suddenly I heard a horrible sound and I knew it was coming. I dashed to the bathroom just in time, and spent the rest of the boat trip clinging to the railing and wondering why I didn't bring my motion sickness meds. That was the worst seasickness of my life!
- Afternoon - Kayaking & Regret. Managed to get my sea legs back, and I actually went kayaking. It was amazing! Paddling through the hidden lagoons, feeling the sun on my face. Absolutely worth it.
- Evening - The Long Bus Ride Home. I survived! And I'm still standing, albeit a little green around the gills.
- Observations: Don't underestimate the power of seasickness pills. They are a lifesaver. Also, pack snacks. And maybe a small barf bag, just in case. I really need to learn how to pack light.
Day 3: Hanoi's Heart & Literary Delights (or, When I Found My Inner Bookworm)
- Morning - Back to Hanoi.
- Mid-morning - The Temple of Literature This place was serenity. The architecture was stunning and it was so peaceful there. I wandered the courtyards, read some of the inscriptions (or attempted to, my Vietnamese is still terrible), and felt completely transported. It was a wonderful respite from the chaos.
- Afternoon - Hoan Kiem Lake & Turtle Tales. The lake was so pretty. And then I saw it. An actual giant turtle rising from the lake! Totally real! Maybe. I'm not sure. All I know is that a legend, a mystical turtle, and an historic story surrounded the thing.
- Evening - Water Puppet Show & Dinner. Took in a water puppet show. It was weird, wonderful, and utterly baffling. I didn't understand a single word, but the artistry was phenomenal. I also dined at a restaurant and I felt like I was back in my own home town.
- Observations: I'm absolutely loving Hanoi. I'm not sure how much longer I have here, but I will enjoy every moment!
Day 4: The Farewell Pho (or, A Whirlwind of Flavors and a Sad Goodbye)
- Morning - Pho Round 3 (and 4, and 5…). One last pho pilgrimage. I'm getting better at navigating the side streets! I found a place tucked away, serving what may have been the single greatest bowl of pho on Earth. Tears (of joy) may have been shed. I also went to another shop and tried the same thing. I just couldn't get enough.
- Afternoon - Packing & Shopping. Final souvenir hunt! Found some beautiful silk scarves, a few quirky trinkets, and way more "stuff" than I have space for. Pack a suitcase. Cry a little.
- Late Afternoon - Check-out. Thank you, Maya 2 team! You were lovely!
- Evening - Departure. This trip went by so quickly! I feel like I've just scratched the surface of Vietnam. I'm already planning my return.
Final Thoughts (or, The Rambling Review)
The Maya Hotel 2 was fantastic. Clean, comfortable, and the staff was incredibly helpful. If I ever came back, I would return! I've eaten more delicious food than I ever thought possible. The people were welcoming, even when I'd do something stupid (like, you know, trying to ride a motorbike without any training). I'm leaving Vietnam a little more lost, a lot more full, and infinitely more enriched. Until next time, Vietnam!
V8 Hotel Stuttgart: Rev Up Your German Getaway!
Okay, Maya Hotel 2 Vietnam: Sounds Fancy. What's *Actually* Up?
Where *Exactly* is this Paradise Located?!
So, the Rooms? Are We Talking Five-Star, Or Motel 6 with a Fresh Coat of Paint?
Let's talk FOOD. Because, priorities. Is it all generic hotel buffet fare or...
Beyond Room Service and Sleeping All Day, What's to *Do*?
Speaking of "Service"... What's the Vibe with the Staff?
Alright, Spill the Tea. Any Tiny Flaws? Something to Watch Out For?
Is it Worth the Price Tag? Because Let's Face It, Luxury Ain't Cheap.

